Wednesday 31 March 2010

Vintage Ladies Tags for the Swap on Faceook

Vintage Ladies

Finaly I`m getting round to put these up lol, been nearly a month since Ive done them, but as I have just finished the second set, thought I better put up the first

The Theme is Vintage Women - So this is my view of Vintage Women

The first one is good old Marilyn Monroe aka Norma Jean, I love this women, I have admired her for years, I drew her for My A level Art - I have used Ranger Inks to distress Her, I stamped a pocket watch in the background to make the word Timeless stand out, as I think she is a Timeless classic. I used sakora pens to bring out her lips and jewellery.





This is another good Marliyn Monroe Stamp, again I inked it up with distress inks, but i swiped five different colours along it giving a rainbow effect, I dont own any of those fancy 3 coloured ink pads, but i think this worked just as well. I stamped on a flourish stamp after I had masked her off, attached so jewels and coloured her and earings, when I went to punch the hole for the ribbon, the bottom of the hole punch fell off, Brain wave time, there were so many different punched out coloured dots, shame to waste them, so I added some of them as well.




This one is part of a 3 Stamp set, I wanted to go somewhere different this time and this took me out my comfort zone, I used a script stamp that I had been hording for a while lol, but it got its airing on this one, so that was stamped on after I had inked the card with distress inks again, I then used inkadinks to colour her hat and the brad, a very kind person on Craft Bubble swapped feathers with me, so I had a mixture of different ones, attached the Tim Holtz frames and glass and finaly some type set alphabets.




This next one is two stamps, I just masked one off to stand the other behind, I used distress inks again for these, i coloured them with inkadinks and embossed the edges of there dresses, i found this large brad thingy, I love it, have kept it by for a while and thought that it would go with this, so it now has a home.




This one is the lady sitting down, this is my fav out of them all. Again I distressed the card and coloured with inkadinks and embossed again around the edges, I printed the wording of from words. Added loads of mini beads to her headdress and a gem with some of those wonderful feathers.




This one is just a lady with a hat on stamp, have had this ever since i started stamping but had never used it !!! I wrote the words on with a white pen everywhere - embossed the stamp and added some more feathers.


This is another stamp from the set of ladies, i have distressed it again, used the script stamp in the back ground, inkadinked her dress and added more of the mini beads for some texture and embossed the dress edges again.


I love this one as well, i used most of the Distress inks on this one, building up the colour slowly, the dangly things are just a small part of a stamp that i like - so making sure that i masked of the stamp so that i used on the bit i wanted, stamped it diagonaly down, I used inkadinks and embossing on both the dress and cloak, adding more feathers to her hat.


Miss Hepburn, another vintage goldie, I love her elegance and want to portrait it as posh as possible, I inked it again using three different colours to get the rainbow effect, stamped agaiin with the same stamp as in the above, I stamped on to some shrink plastic and melted down and this gave me a textured version of that stamp, i put the smoke in with a white pen.


I found this piccie on the net and just fell in love with it, after i had inked the card and stuck her down, it just didnt look right, so i coloured her dress with the inkadinks but watered down and bleached her skin to get it back to the cream colour. I had these dotted gems left over and stuck them down to finish it off.



And there you have it, my tags, well the first round anyway, I have finished the second lot now as well, they are fantasy/mystical ones, so ive been playing with fairies, wizards, unicorns and vampires. I dont know if ill get them on here before i go away, but ill try lol

Thanks for looking and feed back is greatly appreciated guys.

Off to finish the last of the easter baskets

Im entering these for the following

sees ya later peeps
Judie xx






5 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Fab vintage ladies - i wish i were so elegant lol
I hope you are getting the baskets done lol
when you have a mo pop on over to my blog to collect a little something from me
L:isa ;)

Jo Nevill said...

Wow, these are all just fabulous. Love all the details and the different techniques.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

Jo and the Simon Says Challenge DT x

Renate said...

Very cute vintage creations you have made and I get a real homely feeling from looking at them. Thanks for joining the Papertake Weekly

Hugs Renate - GDT Papertake Weekly

Anonymous said...

Nice job.

When will you be announcing the winner of your Feb blog candy contest?

Kathyk said...

Smashing collection of vintage bits and bobs you have there Judie.
Kathyk

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails