Sunday 24 April 2011

Alter a Box



Morning Crafters


Heres my Altered box for Craftymess - Alter it group - It was my turn to choose something to alter so I came up with boxes !!!







It started its life as a Turkish Delight box, so I gessoed it first, then painted it, then clear embossed it.  Added the fairy and glued on on sparkly, metaly thingys lol (dont know what they are called, had them a while and they sit in a box, with no label) sorry folks !!! 

I used sepia on her and added some gems dotted around.  The flowers were punched out and then sprayed with Cosmic shimmers, then added some big beads and some copper metal leafs.  Inside are some chocies for my mummie, as she never got her mothers day pressie from me, it went walkies with the very kind royal mail !!!  I think she will like it.

Feel free to hop on over and join in the fun, we have loads and loads of challenges, swaps and heated discussions going on there with the live chat.

Happy Easter Folks

Hugs
Judie x 

7 comments:

michele hileman said...

That is really awesome....

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful altered box, lovely blossoms!

Lisa Jane said...

what a fab project - your mum will love it
A very Happy easter to you and your family
Lisa x
ps .. you could enter ym recycle challenge at Moving along with the times

Anonymous said...

Brilliant box, and I love that fairy/lady. Can't show mine yet. xx

Mina said...

wow Judie this is spectacular, all the gold is so rich and expensive looking...Happy Easter to you and those you love
Mina xxx

Lin said...

Judie this is amazing. I bet your Mum just loved it. And after she finishes the chocs she still as a gorgeous little trinket box for her dressing table (gosh that's so old fashioned, dressing table, lol)

Lin xx

Scrapcat 1 said...

what a beautiful box, love the leaves you have added

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails