Tuesday 10 August 2010

My mummies Birthday Clock




Hi all

I know dont die of shock, I have been a tad busy during the last month -

1st we had a jiggle of all the rooms in the house, so a craft room didnt really happen until now !!!

2nd I had my sister kids down to stay for a week and a half (she has 7 I know !!!)

3rd Doccies appointments here there and everywhere

4th We went away for 5 days to London

So now I have explained all that.................................................. I can now show my little tick tock clock I have made my mummie. Its her 60th today HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUMMIE - she is such a great mum and I miss her so much being down here in Devon and she is all the way up in London. Sob Sob Sob.

I brought this as a wooden clock, been looking at it for a while now wondering what to do with it, but over on www.craftycardmakers.blogspot.co.uk the challenge a couple of weeks back was to follow Joys receipe, yellow/orange animals or punches, well i went with the punches and still managed to follow the colours as well.

My little pickle had a go at a clock as well, I think hers is brill, not quite finished yet, in the move i have mislaid the gummings for the clock !!! It will turn up, nearly finished doing my new craft space now.

Heres the Pickle pots clock, love it




I used pages torn from an old book, inked the edges with timmies distress inks, layered them on, varnished with sepia accents or what was left after my sisters kiddies "played" with my stuff, (whole new story that one) punched out what seemed thousands and thousands of flowers and sprayed them with sticky fingers and micra powders. Then added silver to the edge of the clock.

Have to say, Im quite chuffed with the finished result, Mum loved it and it has pride of place in her bedroom now !!!

Some other news as well, I have chosen to step down from my design team post over at Crafty cardmakers. I have been on there for the whole year its been running, but its time to move on to pastures new now. I have been trying so hard to get my website up and running selling craft stuff, but i keep getting stalled by one thing or another !!!! I am now hoping that with some free spare time now I can finaly start selling all the stuff, rather than keep looking at it all lol

Anyway thats about all for now crafters
talk soon
Judie xx




5 comments:

Kathyk said...

Sorry to hear you've had to step down but hoping that this will give you the time you need . . . GOOD LUCK
Fab clockie project and sure your mum will lurve it! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUM!

Kathyk

Lisa Jane said...

Hellooooo great to see you back! and with such a fabulous project.

I will email you and catch up.
Glad you are ok.. cant wait for the new website
Lisa ;)
ps i bet yourmum was overjoyed with her clock! A lot of hard work but worth it

Maria Matter said...

oh WOW, what a fantastic piece of art!!! Beautiful Judie!!!
blessings!

Lin said...

Your clock is amazing, but I think your ickle pickle's clock steals the limelight. I bet you will treasure that as I am sure you Mum will treasure the one you made for her.

Lin x

Clare Lloyd said...

fab clock project judie. i understand how you feel. it is nice to spread your wings and try something new. card making can become a chore otherwise. X

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails